Please review the summary of the recent guidance (edited for brevity & clarity) provided by the RCDSO to patients below.
- DENTAL TREATMENT DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC: According to the most recent Directive from the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of Health, dentists can provide non-essential and elective care along with essential services, emergency and urgent care.
- DENTAL EMERGENCY: Call your dentist. Do not go to a hospital emergency for a dental problem.
- SAFETY OF VISITING THE DENTIST: The College has developed a guidance document along with information from the CMO of Health for dentists to follow when providing care.
- KEY AREAS OF GUIDANCE PROVIDED TO DENTISTS: These include the following.
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Dentists’ Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Patient Screening and PPE
- Hand Hygiene
- Patient experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
- Prescribing medications over the phone
For a detailed reading of the same, please visit: https://www.rcdso.org/en-ca/patients-general-public/covid-19–novel-coronavirus-for-patients